What does it do?
Redirects are a way to forward visitors and search engines to a different URL than the one they requested.
Redirects play an important role in your website SEO. If you've confronted one of these situations,
Then a simple URL direction is what you can use to improve your website SEO:
- The URL is broken or it doesn’t work
- The webpage/site is no longer active
- You’re fixing a webpage and you want to temporarily make a detour for your users (to continue their website experience)
- You have a new webpage or website (domain name has changed) and you want users to visit the new ones (instead of the old ones)
Redirects are a way to forward visitors and search engines to a different URL than the one they requested. Redirects play an important role in SEO.
So it's important to know what types of redirects there are, when to use each one, and how they measure up against one another. 301 (Moved permanently) and 302 (Found/Moved temporarily) are the most common HTTP codes.
301 : A 301 redirect, also known as a permanent redirect, is for the case of permanently redirecting to another page. This is a server-side redirect that redirects users from URL A to URL B while signaling to search engines that URL A's content has been permanently moved to URL B. So, this will pass 95-99% of the page authority from an old URL to a new URL.
302 : 302 redirects, also known as a temporary redirect, should be put in place if you want to redirect your site visitors into another webpage, but you plan to bring the redirected page back after some time. This is a server-side redirect that redirects users from URL A to URL B while signaling to search engines that URL A's content has been temporarily moved to URL B. Knowing this, the 302 redirects will not pass on all qualities of the redirected page to the detour page.
other types :
ResanehLab URL direction plugin supports these redirection types along with others, such as:
-303 See other
-304 Not modified
-305 Use proxy
-307 Temporary redirect
- Supported versions 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 4.0, 4.1
- Multi-store support
- Supported various redirection types like 301, 302, 303 and etc
- Regex support for entering request URLs and also, the results of the request URL's captured groups in the target URL
How to use
“URL Redirection” plugin in admin panel consists of:
Configure: Admin can configure general settings here
URL redirection records: URLs for redirect can be defined here
In the configure page, admin can specify whether the plugin’s functionality is enabled or not. If the plugin was disabled, defined redirections aren't be applied at all.
Note : you can activate Your plugin's license by going to this address and entering the license key:
Administration area > Plugins > Ultra slider > configuration
If you need a guide to install the plugin, please go to the Download
URL redirection records:
In this page, admin can define URL redirection records. you can see the list of redirected URLs in this page.
click on the Add new button to go to the URL redirection record page:
You can define a record with these options :
- Static URL
- Regex pattern for URL. All matched URLs will be redirected
- Various redirection types (301, 302, 303 and etc)
- Store selection