What does it do?
“faster.” Even signing in to websites needs to be faster in our world. Why? Because every second matter and being fast helps you not to lose your customers.
A solution to login and recover the forgotten passwords as quickly as possible is to let customers use their phone number or email (as username) and get a message on their phone if they don’t remember the password.
To do so, you just need a message service provider (such as Twilio) and some customization in the setting page of nopCommerce – Phone number authentication plugin.
The login pages looks like this:
Note1: Only verified phone numbers are acceptable for login. After signing up, Users are asked to verify their numbers. They should enter a code which is sent to their phone.
Note2: If users want to verify their phone number later, they can use their email to login.
If you enter your phone number, then you should choose the ISD. Also, you can check or correct your phone number at this step.
If the phone number isn’t a verified one, customers will see an error.
If the phone number is verified, users need to enter the password in the next step.
in case of forgetting the password, users can recover them.
If you enter an Email address instead of your phone number, you should enter your password in the next step.
- Login with phone number or email
- Phone number verification ( after sign up )
- Recovery by sending a message to user’s phone
- To use in full potential, it Needs to be integrated with a message service provider
- Supports Twilio as the a message service provider
- Supports SMS Http API for message service providers
- Adjustable duration time for entering the verification code
- Adjustable number of SMS messages to resend
- Easy to customize the related pages (such as login box in sign in page)
- Simple management in admin panel area
- Compatible with different versions of nopcommerce – from 3.8 to 4.2
Advantages of Phone Number Authentication plugin for your customers
- Quick login
- No need to remember the username and password
- Minimal interface
How To Use
PUBLIC SHOP : Sign up
1: In sign-up page, users should enter a phone number with ISD code (ISD code + phone number). For example, the ISD code for USA is +1. ( +1 425 555 1212 )
2: By finishing up the registration process, users automatically go to the phone number verification page. A message, containing a verification code will be sent to the user’s phone. Users should enter the code in this page within a minute.
3: If the code isn’t submitted within a minute (or any other range of time that you can adjust it in the settings in admin panel), a Resend Code button will appear. By clicking on this button, system sends a new code to user’s phone.
4: Please note that Verification after signing up is not compulsive. Users can verify a phone number at any time in “My Account”.
(A phone number is verified only after entering the correct code in the verification page. So, if users don’t verify a phone number, they still can enter to their account by Email address.)
To customize and integrate the Nopcommerce - Phone number authentication plugin with a messaging service provider, go to the admin panel and choose the Phone number authentication from the Plugins menu. This plugin has got three setting pages and you can find out about each one here:
Settings : License Key
The first thing to do is to enter and submit the ResanehLab License key in the box below. This license key is sent for you by our team just after the purchasing.
If you enter the correct license key in this box, a message in green color will appear above the License key box:
The license key is valid.
Then, you will be able to use the plugin.
There are 2 sections (besides the license key section) in this page: General info and SMS templates info.
Settings : General info
- Active – Sets whether the phone number authentication is enabled.
- Phone number required for registration – if it is unchecked, users can sign up without entering phone number. ( The phone number box becomes optional )
- Number of customer SMS verification codes – The number of verification codes that the system is allowed to send for each customer. If the customer doesn’t enter the code by when the “Waiting time for next resend code request“ is over, they can request a new verification code ( by clicking on the requesting button ) up to the number that admin can set here.
- SMS verification code expiration time (Minutes) – admin can set the duration for the expiration of verification codes.
- Waiting time for next resend code request (Seconds) – time interval between sending verification code messages.
SMS template info
You can write the content of the verification messages in this section. To send a code to your customers, you need to use this token:
You can use other tokens as you like. You can see the simplest text sample in the picture below:
Required settings for integration with a third party service to send verification sms are accessible in SMS Providers page.
Please note that : This plugin is designed to use the message service providers that supports SMS http API (for sending messages) . It also supports Twilio.
if you need to use any other provider that do not support this format, please contact us.
- Country – specify the country for sending the Message. If there is no limitation for countries, choose the field on “all countries“option.
- Provider interface type – you can choose to use Twilio AMA API or SMS http API.
- API/ Gateway –– enter the “sms http API gateway“which message / SMS service provider has announced.
- Active – if the box is checked, service is available.
Click in Add new button. A new record is added.
Note1: You can add country specific message setting or same setting for all countries.
Note2: Specify at least one setting to start sending messages.
Note3: You can allow only one setting per country. However you can still add multiple settings for each country.
Note4: For HTTP API, Replace country code field with #COUNTRYCODE#, phone number field with #MOBILENUMBER# and message field with #MESSAGE# respectively.
ISO and ISD codes are listed in this page. Adding a new code is possible. For each country, regex pattern is defined to specify the phone numbers’ pattern.
Note 1 : to specify an ISD code as the default one, go to settings > countries page and set the “display order” of the desired country as the minimum number possible.
Note 2 : phone number for a user is shown in user detail page and in the Phone number tab.
Note 3: this plugin do not support multi store. If you need a multi store plugin, please contact us.
Note 4: if “username“ (instead of email) is active in a NopCommerce shop and after installing the plugin, users will be able to recover their email in order to login. “Username” will be deactivated after installing this plugin.
Note 5: This plugin is designed to use the message service providers that supports SMS http API (for sending messages). It also supports Twilio.
If you need to use any other provider that do not support this format, please contact us.